Training Options

Options for Training in Canada

Entry into the profession of Dance Movement Therapy begins at the master’s level of education and requires completion of supervised clinical internships. Dance movement therapists in Canada currently adhere to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice of the American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA), the Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK (ADMP UK), the Ontario Expressive Arts Therapy Association (OEATA), and/or the College for Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario (CRPO).

As there is currently no master’s level training programmes in Canada, you can either:

  1. Pursue Alternate Route training in Canada (working towards accreditation with the ADTA) through the National Centre for Dance Therapy in Montreal or West Coast Dance/Movement Therapy in Vancouver.

  2. Study abroad (international training programs listed on the DMTAC website).

For more details on the programs listed, including admission details and entry requirements, please follow the links provided.